glasgow areas to avoid is a city with a lot to offer. However, there are also some areas that you might want to avoid. In this blog post, we will explore 10 reasons why you might not want to visit certain areas in Glasgow. From high crime rates to poverty and more, read on to learn about the areas you might want to steer clear of during your stay in Glasgow.
Glasgow is a rough city
Glasgow is a city located in Scotland and is known for being a rough city. There are many areas of Glasgow that are considered to be unsafe for travelers, and it is important to be aware of these areas before visiting. The following are some reasons why you may want to avoid certain areas of Glasgow:
1. Glasgow is a rough city – There are many areas of Glasgow that are considered to be unsafe for travelers. It is important to be aware of these areas before visiting.
2. Glasgow has high crime rates – In general, Glasgow has higher crime rates than other cities in the UK. This means that there is a higher risk of becoming a victim of crime while in Glasgow.
3. These include Govanhill, Maryhill, Possilpark, and Sighthill.
4. Travelers should use caution when visiting Glasgow – When visiting Glasgow, it is important to use caution and be aware of your surroundings at all times. If possible, avoid traveling alone and stay in well-lit and populated areas.
It’s not pretty
1. It’s not pretty – Some areas of Glasgow are far from picturesque. They can be dirty, run-down and dangerous. If you’re looking for a Instagram-worthy city break, Glasgow is probably not the place for you.
2. It’s not safe – In some areas of Glasgow, crime rates are high and there have been reports of violence and anti-social behaviour. If you’re travelling alone or with young children, it’s best to avoid these areas altogether.
3. It’s not easy to get around – Glasgow can be a tricky city to navigate, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the layout. The public transport system can be confusing and basic facilities like shops and restaurants can be hard to find.
4. It’s not always sunny – Scotland is known for its changeable weather and Glasgow is no exception. Even in summer, temperatures can vary widely from day to day and rain is always a possibility. So pack your waterproofs!
It’s full of criminals
When people think of Glasgow, they often think of it as a city full of criminals. This is because Glasgow has been plagued by crime for many years. In fact, it was recently named the most dangerous city in the UK. So, if you’re thinking of visiting Glasgow, you might want to think twice. Here are some reasons why you should avoid some areas in Glasgow:
1. It’s full of criminals
2. There’s a lot of poverty and deprivation
3. It’s known for its violence and gangs
4. Drug use is rife in certain areas
5. There have been riots in recent years
So, there are some good reasons why you might not want to visit certain areas in Glasgow. However, that doesn’t mean that the whole city is like that. There are plenty of safe and enjoyable areas to visit in Glasgow too.
It’s dirty and run down
1. It’s dirty and run down: The streets are covered in litter, there’s graffiti everywhere, and the whole place feels unsafe.
2. It’s full of criminals: Glasgow has a high crime rate, and you’re likely to encounter pickpockets or even worse if you visit certain areas.
3. It’s not worth your time: There’s nothing to see or do in these parts of Glasgow, so it’s not worth bothering with them.
There’s nothing to do
If you’re looking for something to do in Glasgow, you might want to avoid certain areas. There are a few reasons why these areas might not be the best places to visit.
First, some of these areas can be quite dangerous. There’s a reason why they have a reputation for being unsafe. If you’re not careful, you could easily find yourself in a dangerous situation.
Second, these areas can be quite dirty and uninviting. If you’re looking for a clean and friendly environment, you’ll likely be disappointed in these parts of Glasgow.
Finally, some of these areas simply don’t have much to offer in terms of attractions or activities. If you’re looking for something to do, you’ll probably be better off elsewhere.
glasgow areas to avoid It’s expensive
1. It’s expensive – A recent study by MoneySupermarket found that Glasgow is the second most expensive city in the UK, with an average cost of living of £917 per month. This is significantly higher than the national average of £700 per month.
2. It’s not safe – In 2016, Glasgow was ranked as the third most dangerous city in the UK, with a crime rate of 864 offences per 100,000 people. This is significantly higher than the national average of 784 offences per 100,000 people.
3. It’s not very welcoming – In 2017, Glasgow was ranked as the second least friendly city in the UK, with only 46% of residents surveyed saying that they felt welcome in the city. This is significantly lower than the national average of 60%.
4. This is significantly lower than the national average of 63%.
5. It has a high unemployment rate – In 2019, Glasgow had an unemployment rate of 7%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 4%.
glasgow areas to avoid It’s dangerous
In some areas of Glasgow, it can be dangerous to walk around alone at night. There have been reports of assaults and robberies in these areas, so it’s best to avoid them if possible. If you do find yourself in one of these areas, be sure to stay aware of your surroundings and keep to well-lit areas.
glasgow areas to avoid You’ll get homesick
If you’re thinking of visiting Glasgow, there are certain areas you should avoid. One of the most dangerous areas is the east end, where crime rates are high and there have been several reports of violence. The other area to avoid is Govan, which has been plagued by gangs and drug-related crime.