what on in sydney this weekend for free It’s that time of year again – the weekend is just around the corner! If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, we’ve got you covered. From free concerts to fun activities for all ages, Sydney has something for everyone this weekend. Here are Sydney’s best free things to do this weekend:
1. Head over to Darling Harbour and take part in the Sydney Sail Boom Festival – a fantastic day out for all ages!
2. Witness some world-class motor racing at the Sydney Motorsport Park – a great day out for all ages, no experience necessary!
3. Check out some of Sydney’s top contemporary art galleries – there’s sure to be something that interests you at one of these venues!
4. Catch a show at one of Sydney’s iconic theatres – from Broadway shows to live music performances, there’s plenty of variety on offer this weekend!
5. Have a picnic in one of Sydney’s many beautiful parks – perfect weather awaits and there’s no better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than relaxing in nature!
Sydney’s Top 5 Free Things to Do This Weekend
This weekend in Sydney, there are plenty of free things to do! From exploring the city’s colonial architecture and parks, to checking out local art galleries and museums, these are five of the best free things to do in Sydney this weekend.
First up on the list is a must-visit for all Sydney visitors – Darling Harbour! The expansive harbour features many historic buildings and attractions, including the Sydney Opera House, which is one of the iconic landmarks of the city. If you’re looking for some fun outdoors activities, head to Observatory Hill for a view of the city skyline or hop on a ferry to Manly for some beach time fun.
If colonial architecture is your thing, head to Moore Park for an afternoon tea at one of its charming tea rooms. Or take a walk around Hyde Park – one of Sydney’s largest and oldest public parks – and enjoy a picnic lunch while admiring its beautiful gardens.
If you’re in the mood for some contemporary art, head to Art Gallery of New South Wales (AGNSW) for an exhibition or visit Modernist architect Frank Gehry’s latest project, The Guggenheim Museum at Bondi Beach. AGNSW also has an impressive collection of Australian art spanning centuries, so there’s sure to be something on display that interests you. And if you’re feeling decadent after your museum visit, head over to L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon for dinner – it’ll set you
Where to find Sydney’s free events and activities
Looking for something to do in Sydney this weekend? Here are some of the city’s free events and activities!
On Saturday, join locals and visitors alike for a day of arts and culture at the Sydney Festival of Ideas. This event features a variety of exhibits and performances, including music by Australian rock band The Paper Kites.
Sunday is a good day to explore the harbour city alone or with friends. Start your day with a walk down Bondi Beach followed by brunch at one of Bondi’s many cafes; afterwards, take in some sights like the Opera House or Sydney Harbour Bridge. If you’re feeling more adventurous, head out for some cycling or kayaking on Botany Bay.
what on in sydney this weekend top free attractions
Looking for something to do this weekend in Sydney? Check out these top free attractions!
-Visit the Opera House and take in a performance of a contemporary opera or classical music.
-Play some tennis at one of Sydney’s many parks or courts.
-Take a scenic walk around beautiful Hyde Park, with its famous lily ponds and gardens.
-Dine at one of Sydney’s many restaurants that are offering special deals this weekend.
-Check out some of the city’s most popular art galleries, such as Campbelltown Arts Centre and the Powerhouse Museum.
-Go on safari in Taronga Zoo and see some of Australia’s exotic animals up close.
-Grab lunch at a favourite cafe or restaurant before taking in some free outdoor concerts in the park.
-Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens to explore their vast array of flora and fauna exhibits.
what on in sydney this weekend for free spots this weekend
This weekend, Sydney has some fantastic free things to do! From exploring the city’s hidden corners to enjoying a picnic in a park, there are plenty of fun options available. Here are five of Sydney’s best free picnic spots this weekend:
1. Circular Quay – One of Sydney’s most iconic sights is also one of its best free places to picnic.
2. Randwick Racecourse – Another great place for a picnic is Randwick Racecourse, which offers excellent views of the city skyline. There are plenty of benches and tables available, making it the perfect spot for a family outing.
3. Potts Point – If you’re looking for an idyllic location to take your lunchbreak, head to Potts Point. This quiet neighbourhood has lovely gardens and riverside walks, perfect for spending an afternoon relaxing with friends.
4. Rookwood Cemetery – For an eerie atmosphere while enjoying your lunchtime sandwich, make your way to Rookwood Cemetery. This historic cemetery is filled with interesting graves and beautiful monuments, making it the perfect spot for a rainy day picnic.
5. Centennial Park – Sydney’s largest park offers superb surroundings for a sunny afternoon picnic lunch or dinner party. With extensive lawns and trees, this park is perfect for sprawling out with friends and family .
How to get the what on in sydney this weekend for free
Looking to have a great weekend in Sydney? Here are some of our favorite free things to do this weekend.
1) Enjoy a summer picnic at the Botanic Gardens – With plenty of green spaces and charming architecture, the Botanic Gardens is an ideal spot for a summer picnic. You can even bring your own food and drinks!
2) Take in some of Sydney’s beautiful coastal views – Head to Bondi Beach or Tamarama for some stunning ocean views. Both beaches offer plenty of amenities, such as cafes and restaurants, so you can make the most of your day.