things to do in margaret river is one of Australia’s most popular wine-producing regions, and it’s easy to see why. This picturesque town is located in the heart of the Margaret River Wine Region, and its winding streets are lined with colorful buildings. Aside from wine-tasting, there are plenty of other things to do in Margaret River.
Here are a few of our favorites: Kayaking – The scenic waterways around Margaret River make for a great kayaking experience. You can explore quiet coves and explore the more rugged coastal waters. Cycling – Margaret River is a great place to cycle because there are so many scenic routes available. You can cycle along the coast or take on some challenging mountains trails. Swimming – The crystal-clear waters make for great swimming experiences.
Sunsets – One of the best things about Margaret River is that you can enjoy stunning sunsets every day of the year. Take a stroll down one of the town’s boardwalk districts and watch the sun dip below the horizon.
things to do in margaret river Hiking
Hiking in Margaret River is an amazing way to get out and see the area. There are a number of trails that hikers can choose from, ranging in difficulty from easy walks to strenuous hikes requiring proper equipment and training. Some of the best trails for hiking in Margaret River include The Millstream Track, The Pinnacles Track, and The Kokoda Track. Each trail offers its own unique experience and rewards hikers with stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
If you’re looking for a place to relax and destress, Margaret River should be your top destination. With its stunning natural environments and welcoming locals, there’s something for everyone in the region.
From world-renowned surfing spots to crystal clear waters perfect for swimming and kayaking, there’s plenty to do in Margaret River. Here are five of the best things to do in the area:
1) Surfing: If you’re a surfer or just want to watch some great waves, Margaret River is the place to be. Some of Australia’s best waves can be found here, including Monopoly and Pipeline.
2) Kayaking: If you’re looking for an activity that combines exercise with relaxation, try kayaking. The calm waters make it perfect for beginner paddlers as well as experts. You can explore the riverbanks or take a longer trip downriver.
3) Cycling: If you’re looking for an Active Escape from city life, cycle around Margaret River’s beautiful surrounds. You can find plenty of cycling routes on both rural roads and coastal paths – both easygoing rides suitable for beginners and challenging excursions suitable for experienced cyclists.
4) Wildlife Watching: Whether you’re interested in checking out Australian wildlife up close or simply wanting some peaceful time out, consider spending a day watching wildlife in Margaret River. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to see dolphins, turtles, kangaroos and more while relaxing on the banks of the
If you’re looking for a charming and picturesque destination to spend your holiday, look no further than Margaret River in Western Australia. In this area, you’ll find plenty of activities that will keep you entertained, from sailing and fishing to hiking and biking. Here are some of the best things to do in Margaret River:
-Take a boat cruise on the Swan River: This is a great way to see the cityscape as well as check out some of the interesting attractions along the way.
-Take a hike up Mt Franklin: This is an easy hike that offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
-Enjoy a day out sailing on one of the many lakes in the area: From classic dinghies to more advanced racing boats, there’s something for everyone to enjoy here.
-Climb aboard a Harley Davidson motorcycle : This is an adrenalin-pumping experience that will leave you feeling alive and exhilarated.
things to do in margaret river Fishing
There are so many things to do in Margaret River, Australia that it can be hard to know where to start. Here are our top picks for the best things to do in this stunning region:
-Take a fishing trip. The Goulburn River is home to some of Australia’s finest trout fishing, and there are plenty of places to go fishing from river banks or from boats on the water.
-Hike or cycle the rugged tracks of The Great Walk. This 43 km trail takes you through beautiful countryside and past crystal clear lakes and rivers.
-Drive out to Mungo National Park for a day of hiking, camping and wildlife spotting. There are several trails at Mungo National Park that will take you through forests, across rivers and up mountains.
-View some of Margaret River’s most impressive natural beauty from the sky with a helicopter tour. You can explore remote wilderness areas, or see sights like The Twelve Apostles – one of Australia’s most iconic natural landmarks.
things to do in margaret river Kayaking
There’s something for everyone in Margaret River, Australia – from luxurious spa treatments to thrilling sea kayaking. Whether you’re looking for a day out or an entire vacation, these are the best things to do in the area.
1. Spend a morning at the renowned Margaret River Wine Region. Drive or take a bus to the wine villages of Gayndah and Boddington, where you can explore vineyards and tasting rooms while sipping on Local Vines wines. There’s even a vineyard tour option that takes you behind the scenes!
2. Kayak along pristine beaches like Obstruction Point and Yarragon Beach.
3. Wander through rainforest-covered forest trails at nearby Bamaga National Park. This UNESCO World Heritage-listed park offers plenty of opportunities for hiking, cycling, horseback riding and birdwatching – plus stunning views across Lake George and onto Mount Augustus beyond.
4. Catch a show at one of Margaret River’s many theatres or concerts – from classical performances to country music nights! The town has everything from intimate cabaret shows to large-scale events like Arts Festival Margaret Valley each November.
5. Sample some local produce at farmer’s markets throughout the region during summer months (check listings online ahead of time). Enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables alongside artisanal cheese
things to do in margaret river Bird watchinga
One great way to get started is to head to the wetlands around Bunbury. Here, you’ll find plenty of waterbirds including egrets, herons and ibises, as well as migratory . If you’re lucky, you might even spot a harpy eagle or two!
Here, you can find almost 250 species of birds – making it one of the most important birdwatching destinations on the continent. You can also spot kangaroos, emus and other marsupials in their natural habitats.
things to do in margaret river Cultural Experiences
There’s no shortage of things to do in Margaret River, whether you’re a fan of surfing, wine-tasting or simply want to take in some stunning coastal scenery.
If you’re a surfer, Margaret River is the place for you. The waves here are legendary and the locals are well-known for their hospitality and ability to whip up a mean plate of seafood dinner. Not to mention, it’s easy to get around on your board – the coastline is only about 2km long!
If you’re into wine, Margaret River is definitely worth a visit. There are scores of vineyards here that offer superbly varied wines, from dry whites to fruity reds.